Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tracking the Calories

This Monday I signed up for "The Biggest Loser" challenge at work. It works a lot like the show only we aren't getting our butts kicked by some awesome trainers. Bummer. I started working out with my co-worker Kari during lunch and I have drastically changed my diet. Thanks to another co-worker I have fallen in love with http://livestrong.com/thedailyplate. I track my calories every day and it becomes more of a game with me..I try and see what I can do to hit below my target calories and I work out harder to earn more, even though I am not hitting my max calories. I love the site. It lets me track my workouts, it saves my previous meals so I don't have to re-enter them in every time and it keeps me focused on what I can and can not eat.
Last night Casey and I went to the grocery store so I could buy some food and I was glad that he jumped on board with me on this. We got lots of healthy food so I think it will be much easier to cook for us both now.
Last night I had a hard time figuring out what I was going to do with ground Turkey to make him happy but it made a great sloppy Joe and Casey was pleased plus the calories weren't bad at all.
I plan on keeping this updated every week to let everyone know how I am doing on my "Biggest Loser" challenge. I can get two days off and $150 if I win....I could use both! =) More than anything I want to kick my butt in gear and make working out fun again! I love seeing results!

No comments:

Post a Comment